The “BE” Attitudes
Here are some important things to keep in mind when using Technology to reach out and communicate.
- Be Mindful of Your First Priority – Focus on Ministry.
- Be Conversational, Encourage Dialogue – Communication is a two-way street, and people like to be heard as well as hear.
- Be Community Oriented – People enjoy community, we are relational creatures. That is how God designed us, so be inviting.
- Be Respectful of Everyone – Digital communication, especially on the web and through texting, etc., can present boundary problems. Therefore, when communicating, always do so in a responsible manor to maintain trust and integrity.
- Be Servant Minded – Do your best to provide information not only for the wants but also for the needs of those with whom you communicate. Service comes in two main categories those which are regularly available and those that are available by request. Not everyone will want, or need, everything you have to offer. Make it easy for users to find and/or subscribe to things that are of value to them.
- Be Devoted – If you plan on using Digital technology for communication and building relationships, etc. you must be committed to being available, consistent, and timely with ALL communication. If you can not honor this commitment you will lose credibility with those you hope to build relationships. They will then see you as unreliable and will lose interest in what you have to say.